Monday 20 November 2006

Home But......

I have arrived back in Singapore today but had to tear myself away from Shanghai this morning. It was with a heavy heart as I left Shanghai. The past 12 days were more than wonderful. It has been the most enjoyable time for me for I was spending it with Sweetie. Alas, I was too timid and could not express my feelings verbally. Words came out but "like" became "missed". Haiz.

17 November 2006

My flu finally cleared up enough for me to go for a walk around town today. I went on some DVD shopping and wanted to visit some of the old buildings in the city area. Alas, after I was done with the DVDs, the sky did not look good. I wanted to meet Sweetie at Jiao Tong University today but she was busy. She asked me to go walk around some more and that she will meet me later. Since I had yet to visit the Science Museum, I decided to go have a look.

It ain't cheap getting in, RMB60 to be exact. There were some interesting exhibits here and there but after visiting a few of the areas, I finally realised why I did not visit our very own Singapore Science Centre for so many donkey years. It is all the same. Nothing much. Well, they did have an audio-visual area which was pretty interesing. Here, you could try your hand on a very basic flight simulator with 3 degrees of freedom. What I felt was the best there was the sound studio where, with the aid of headphones, a ghost story was told and the creaks and gentle whispers manifested in a 3D-sound environment. Got my hair standing, especially since it was meant for 10 people to try but I did it solo. While walking around, I saw wall plaques around which listed some great scientists of past, such as Darwin, Einstien. I even saw a plaque which listed thermodynamic formulars! AHHHHHHH!!!! There was one plague which did catch my fancy. It was a plaque listing the Chinese Medical Herbs Compendium.
Medical Herbs Conpendium
Medical Herbs Conpendium
Medical Herbs Conpendium
Medical Herbs Conpendium
Today, we ate a place called Shu Yu Fang. Apparently, they are well known for their fish cusines here. As Sweetie does not really like spicy food, I had a hard time picking the dishes. Heez. Although my hotel was just 50meters away from the restaurant, I walked Sweetie home instead. I do not know if I will have many such opporunities and just want to enjoy the moments while they lasted.


18 November 2006

We had planned on going to the Century Park today to view the Mosiaculture Exhibition but it just kept on raining. Well, since we could not do much outdoor activity today, I asked Sweetie to stay at home to rest and work on her report. Afterall, we had our dinner date tonight.

I had made a reservation earlier in the week at the Grand Hyatt Shanghai. I had promised Sweetie that I will bring her there and even tried to get a view of Puxi for her to enjoy. When we were nearing the building, the low lying clouds made the Jinmao Tower, where Grand Hyatt Shanghai is located, look very errie. You could not see the top of the tower for the clouds were hanging around the 2/3 mark.

We strolled into the hotel and I could see that Sweetie was very happy tonight. She mentioned that she did not want to move much and I told her that she need only sit and wait to be served. Afterall it is a buffet and I did not want her to be jostling with the crowd. The food served was ok but the company I had that evening was the best! Heez. Seeing the smile on her face during the entire evening made me feel that it was all worth the effort coming to Shanghai to spend time with her.


19 November 2006

Today is the last day Sweetie could spend time with me for I am leaving on the 8.45am flight the next day back to Singapore. Seeing that she had stayed up late last night to work on her report after the dinner, I decided not to disturb her too early in the morning. When I opened the curtains of my hotel room, the ground was still wet but no one was walking around with umbrellas.

We finally met around lunchtime at a eatery near our place. Sweetie wanted to treat and I was happy to oblige. The food was not bad and the price was reasonable too. After lunch, we strolled towards Century Park to finally do the Mosiaculture Exhibition.

Century Park Entrance
Dancing Phoenix
Eiffel Tower
Jazz Band
Old Shanghai
Halfway through, it started to pour again but we both squeezed under one umbrella and continued to enjoy our time at the park. Haha. It was really fun to go walking in a park with her. The first time we went out together, just the two of us, was also to a park, our very own Botanical Gardens.

With the sky turning dark soon, she told me that she wanted to go to the shopping area near the Science Museum. Of course I readily agreed and we headed that way. The shopping area was also another place where you can get "stuff" and you can keep pressing the prices down. Hahaha. Well, nothing caught my fancy although I wanted to get her something but she did not get anything in the end either.

Our final meal together in Shanghai was at a little Japanese eatery. I tried to express my feelings then but could not mouth the words out. After dinner, we headed to my hotel for I had some maps for her. As I walked her back to her place, we chatted and I tried to bring my guts up to tell her. However, I still could not do it. When we finally reached the final junction before she reached home, we bade farewell. Before she left, I grabbed her arm and wanted to tell her that I liked her very much but "like" became "missed". Haiz. I felt like such a fool as I walked back to the hotel. Damn Fool!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home